If you are looking for a CUSTOM tool for a specific application we recommend the following procedure:
1. The fastest method is to give us a call so we can discuss your application in detail. Toll Free U.S. / Canada: 888-444-1202 or 612-859-1110.
2. If emailing your request, please be sure to provide as much information as possible regarding the application, including material specifications, cycles performed per day, photos or video of the process and tool that you currently use, solid model drawings (.stp format) if available, etc. Send email requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In most cases, we will request that you send us samples of the material or parts you will be processing with the tool so we can have parts available for both tool design as well as testing when the tool is completed. The testing process is available to all customers at no cost. This assures all parties that the correct tool is specified for the application and that it performs as expected.
4. Upon receipt of your PO, we will provide the customer with a drawing model for final approval prior to starting the manufacturing process. You will be asked to sign off on the drawing and authorize the project to move forward.
5. As a general rule, lead time for custom tools will average 8-10 weeks after receipt of order. This can vary depending upon the complexity of the tool design as well as internal production schedules.
6. There is NO Risk for our customers. Should we accept your project for a custom tool, it must perform as expected. If it does not, we reserve the right to rework the tool, replace the tool or refund the customer in full. In most cases, we do not require a deposit or advance payment on custom tools.
7. Complete customer satisfaction is our responsibility and we take this very seriously.
The Warranty document below applies to all standard, off-the-shelf components used as part of your custom tool.
PNEUMATIC TOOL WARRANTY DOCUMENT
In most cases, the power pack and jaw housings used on custom tools will be 1 of our standard units. The bulk of the custom tools designed will utilize a custom set of jaws to perform the function required. Regardless of the jaw design, we do not warrant the jaws for breakage or wear unless we determine a manufacturing or material defect is present. CPS has no control over how the tools are being used, however we will inspect any broken or worn parts to determine if a warranty replacement applies.